Did you know that every 43 seconds someone in the United States experiences chest pain that leads to a heart attack? Heart attacks might be a common emergency, but they are serious and sometimes fatal. Knowing how to prepare for this emergency could save your life or the life of a loved one.
What Are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
Heart attack symptoms may vary, but watch for the signs indicated below:
- A stabbing or dull chest pain that may be accompanied by tightness
- An irregular or fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or sudden weakness
- Pain in shoulders, neck, or arms
- Nausea or vomiting
What Am I Experiencing?
Chest pain caused from a heart-related issue can include the following:
- Heart attack – caused from obstructed blood flow to your heart
- Pericarditis – occurs when the sac surrounding your heart becomes swollen
- Aortic dissection – caused by a tear in your heart’s large blood vessel (aorta)
- Angina – caused by a reduction in blood flow to the heart
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, head to Trusted ER Coppell. Once you’re here, our doctors will administer blood tests and chat with you about your medical history. It’s important to share details with our doctors about your chest pains, including the length, severity, and source of the pain. This information will help our doctors get to the bottom of what’s happening.
Many times these tests will reveal the source of your discomfort, but sometimes it remains unclear. If the outcome is uncertain, our doctors will offer their best advice in helping you establish a plan for the future.
If you are suffering from mysterious chest pain or believe you are experiencing a heart attack, come into Trusted ER Coppell at once. Our staff is available 24-7 to assist your medical needs.